I would have liked for Jesus to come now. No, I don't mean his second coming, I mean the first time. He came at a time when people were easily swayed by goodness. Of course people are still easily swayed by a capitalistic tainted goodness.
Christ is a common misconception among Christians. Modern, hypocritical, quasi-Christians take it upon themselves to condemn anything they feel is vaguely removed from Biblical rigidity, however JC would probably do a lot of things that would shock and appall today's church goers.
From what record we have in the Bible we know that Jesus was involved in a lot that scandalised the religious community of the day. He ate and drank with the lowlife, broke a lot of Biblical laws, flirted with prostitutes. All possible reasons why the common folk were so enamoured by him.
That's why I would have liked to see Christ in action today. He would have a larger group, comprising of a variety of subcultures, that he would have to endear himself to. Add to that the modern man's focus is a lot more materialistic (damn Capitalists!), than two thousand years ago.
So how would Jesus go about it?
No comments:
Post a Comment