The coloured formatting on my previous post was an experiment I tried. I would like some feedback on how people who read it perceived it. Was it easy to distinguish the speakers based on the colour? could you associate the speakers and the colour? Etcetera.
7 comments:
Fishing again I see. Its fantabulous luv. Niemglo was absolutely rustic in midnight blue.
Although simply tacking the character's name before each line, like in a play script, would have been easier. If less pretty. Maybe a combo of both?
I wanted to see whether it was possible for the reader to associate character and dialogue just by colour. Putting the name, as in a play would make the colour usage purely ornamental!
Pretty interesting, something new!
speaking strictly for myself: i think i just went colourblind. didnt notice the usage of colour as being anything more than ornamental until u said so.
I thought it was pretty tough to follow. Especially since you have to scroll to read. Therefore you have to keep going back up to check out the key. Perhaps it will work better in a piece with fewer characters. I know putting names is clunky also. I remembered Niemglo's colour without any problem. I kept mixing up the lesser dogs.
Haha...lesser dogs, well thanks for that feedback. I guess you're right bout the fewer characters, cause even I had a hard time remembering the colours while writing it.
Looks like non one had problems with Neimglo, he seems quite dashing. Let's see, maybe I'll try this again later in a sketch with fewer characters.
Post a Comment