They're called Black Ghosts.

They're of Amazonian origin, and the South American Indians believe that the souls of their dead warriors reside in these fish. Now the fishies I purchased are only around 2 inches long, but apparently they can grow upto 20 inches in length. We'll need a new tank then. They're awesomely fluid fish, and can swim in all directions. It's fun watching them swim backwards and upside down and in circles after their tails. And they also play with each other, twirling around like olympic gymnasts.
Another cool fact about these fish. They belong to the same class as eels, and they're mildly electric. Not strong enough to shock a human, but they do zap the other fishies once in a while. This is most fun to watch!
They're also close to blind, with small shiny, white dots for eyes. They use their electric signals to navigate, and also for mating. This, of course, allows for a variety of jokes. Like how sparks fly, and how they indulge in some very shocking activities. I shall leave you to make more electrifying jokes!
9 comments:
Those are absolutely gorgeous! Now I think I'll have to go see what else I can find out about them! Happy belated bday to Daddy Bean from me. ;)
hey...
where can i buy them?
You get em every so often at Russell Market. There were a fair number of them when I picked these up and they're a tad pricey, so I guess people wouldn't have bought em like goldfish!
russel market is in.....?
hmm..Russel Market eh? hmm..but how much did they charge??
:)
be careful though. we once bought some of these fancy warrior fish and they ATE the other fish. no kidding.
ooh pretty
Lovley idee for a present!
-Finny
Post a Comment