Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Wake up - It's not yet time for brunch!

Drag yourself along through the overpowering grey. Brown mud splatter on the hem of your garment. The dirt seems dirtier when wet. The girl has vermillion on her forhead. The damp hangs in the air like vultures around a corpse. There is a corpse up ahead, but there are no vultures around the dead dog. The fog on the glass windows of a luxury car – evidence of the heat of its inmates. The rust eaten bus groans, weary with the weight of passengers (more than the prescribed limit), it crawls on spewing black smoke. Sleep pervades; in the fields nearby so does excrement. Later, perhaps, you can ride on dirt roads in a motocross style escape bid. Scores of people and their things lie everywhere. So many will die today, so many more will be born. The others subsist not knowing they are happy to be alive this dismal day.

8 comments:

Avalonian said...

erm, Bean, are you ok? Do you need to talk about life, love and the Universe? I'm worried, you actually sound like u CARE...:)

nib said...

no no, surely not! Bean is certain there's no point to anything. even to my last statement!

ether said...

What a fascinating montage. Not just in space, but in time as well.

Arjun said...

You seem to think philosophy these days, bro. Does that indicate something? ;)

Jugular Bean said...

@Avalonian - I'm perfectly fine :D Twas a rainy, long bus ride today so I thought I'd write something to fit. Surprised myself even.

@Luiza - Vaav! You know me so well :D

@Fingers - Why thankyou. Your art is bizarrofab!

@couch - Not much philosphy here, don't read too much into it :D

Anorion said...

Hmm... sorry but, what the hell were you thinking about?

If it was a real dead dog, happens here too, only because of all the traffic they are indistinguishable from old gunny bags on the road (except for shape).

If it was some weird allegory for life, death, love or other such abstract illusion, then hmm... I do not see coincidence. I see providence. I see purpose.

If it was something else, I would have to go back to what the hell were you thinking about?

LiVEwiRe said...

That last line truly says it all...

Jugular Bean said...

@Cynic - Awwww

@Anorion - Yes, there was a dead dog, and yes I know it's a common occurrence in India. No, there's no allegory. I was bored. These were scenes from my morning bus ride. Nothing spectacular, I'd say, except that I don't write dismal stuff too often.

@Livewire - Yes. And I'm not surprised you pointed that out :)