Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Rooftop Vigilante (or Great Expectorations)

I have a mothlike attraction towards heights. So last night I bounded across rooftops, scanning the cityscape through my owlish visors. Okay, so I don't have owlish visors. But the bounding across was fun. Okay, fine! So I didn't bound across either, 'twas a tad dangerous. But I did peer precariously over the edge of the terrace of a rather tall building.

The city looked beautiful from the aerial view. Above all the pollution and traffic and population. Just the treetops and the neon lights in the distance.

One thing I love doing from heights is spitting. It's so much fun to hock up a nice ball of phlegm and ptooie, "look out down below!" It's an unhealthy obsession that I picked up from college. We used to have fests, where hordes of students would seat themselves in an opening called the quadrangle which was surrounded by building on all sides. Oh the joy of shooting a wad of saliva into the unsuspecting crowd! They never knew what hit them.

So yesterday, perched atop a tall office building, I rained down upon passersby below. Gargoylike I was. Of course from very tall buildings, one has to calculate other factors like wind speed and the so on, and being out of practice I invariably missed most of those I was going for. However I did manage to hit one woman at a mall!

It's not just about spitting, it's about the aesthetics of it. It's about molding the spit, one can go for aerodynamic shots, but from heights one needs more volume. Alternatively if hitting people is not your aim then one can go for the avant garde approach. If you mix spit and phlegm to the perfect consistency you can get a heavier centred ball which will have a tinier extension orbiting it. A lot like a planet with a satellite that spirals down before it splatters on the ground!

Ah the spittle joys of life!

11 comments:

nib said...

words absolutely fail me

Firefoxcub said...

i'll take this one as a warning... walkin the streets in blore truly is for the brave.

Tom Meade said...

You're not a truly devotee till you've saved enough spit to fill a small water-balloon, then thrown said water-balloon at a small child.

Avalonian said...

All Hail the Mean Mr. Meade!

Crouching Tigress said...

Are the shades of Bangalore to be thus polluted?

Crouching Tigress said...

This one had me in sp(l)its.
Ok I forget. We are not playing the same game again.

RTP said...

You are a man of many shades bean. first you grease the wheels of our brains, and now you lubricate all else. Wonder what you'll hock up next.

LadyParadox said...

Showers of spittle, showers of spittle we need.... or NOT! ewwwww bean! yucky boy!

Arjun said...

Think we should actually start an interblog e-spitting contest. That'd be FUN! ;)

Arundhati said...

So that was you, eh?

Joviel said...

:)) Sounds like your very own secret weapon