Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Rolling Stone

“Ah, yes! Good morning, sir
What can I do for you?
Are you interested in a room?
I’ve got a loo with a view!”

“Is this the hotel California?”
The traveller blandly said
“You know, the place
Where they have the spirits of the dead.”

“Oh, come now, sir” the innkeeper replied
“I wouldn’t believe all that rubbish if I were you!
But would you still be interested
In that loo with a view?”

The traveller looked at the innkeeper;
He was around five foot seven.
“Do you know,” he asked,
“Where I can find the Stairway to Heaven?”

“An old lady used to know that”
The innkeeper responded.
“But she’s got something with a piper
I would stay away”, he warned.

“It’s like this,” the traveller went on
“I’m interested in this weird occult and stuff”
“That’s great, sir. Why don’t you take a room?
We’ve got ladies in the buff!”

“I’ll stay,” said the traveller
“If you’ve got tapes that play backward.”
“Who’d want that?” asked the innkeeper,
“That would be really awkward!”

The traveller went on to explain
“They have secret messages, that when
Played backwards become very plain.”
“Why would you play it backwards
Unless you had no brain?”

“Well, they make the music such, that
When you play it, what’s reversed affects the mind”
“Just take a room,” the innkeeper said
“At a discount – I’ll be kind!”

“Do you know a Sergeant Pepper?
He died twenty years ago today?”
The innkeeper said, “I don’t know
But we have a band that cannot play!”

“Well,” said the customer, “just give
Me a room. I’ll take whatever’s fine”
“That’s the spirit”, the innkeeper cheered,
“I’ll give you room number Nine.”

“Number nine?” the customer asked
“Number nine” affirmed the innkeeper
“Number nine?” once more
“Number nine!” testily

Then the innkeeper lit up a candle
And showed him the way
There were voices in the corridor
He thought he heard them say
“Watch it, we just polished the floor!”

10 comments:

Ar said...

hehe. i really wanted to hear stairway to heaven backwards and c what the heck is about the 'satanic verses' in it? Man, I tell u, ppl. have no lesser job in the world than to do that and come up with such a conclusion, and that LedZ r heretic and all!

if its a original, try sending it to the 'Rolling Stone' mag! ;)

Anorion said...

Stairway to heaven eh? I will do that right now and blog the satanic verse that comes out. And yeah, this was a pretty cool thing to write.

You guys should try Yankovic backwards.

Anorion said...

Sounds like old indian classical music met luciano pavoratti. A very mad, italian opera. I didn't hear any secret satanic verses. Maybe in some language like jewish. Nothing distinct in english fo sho.

Ostrich said...

He entered his room
sidestepping the floor
saw Aleister Crowly by the door
and thought "This is the place for me"

There was a Geezer in the Ward
A Page by the Plant
A Butler and an Australian
And a Moon from the Town's end

Jugular Bean said...

@Arun - nothing non original get's posted on this blog! At least I think so :D

@Elf, Anorion - it's just that some fanatical Christian's think that rock music is satanic and these are there excuses

@Ostrich - Awesome! Perhaps we can both make this an epic poem! I love the last line 'A Moon from the Town's end'
*100 beanie points!

Firefoxcub said...

i thot it waz hotel calif tht had satanic verses bkwrds..... Hmm.
Interesting... but i hafta say- not ur best... :)

Avalonian said...

Mr. Bean
Full points to you! It seems some people don't think rock n roll references can be humurous.Cheers, and a bottle of Jack.

banzai cat said...

Damn, that was funny. ;-)

I particularly liked trying to catch all the rock-and-roll references in that thing. (And I'm not particularly well-versed at that!)

Good show! :-D

Ostrich said...

Can Beanie Points be roasted and Ground for Coffee??? Or just redeemed for rock memorabilia? Just Wondering :)

Jugular Bean said...

@Ostrich - Beanie points can only be redeemed for things sex, drugs and rock n roll!