Sunday, September 18, 2005

Swansong Earth

"Plutonic, plutonic"
The faeries sprechgesang
"Our terra is governed.
Frayed, the ends
Of the peopled race.
Oh, the folly of man!"

Dance they did
In last light,
Until the stars was come.
And then the flamebugs
Lit the night,
To kindle their dirgesong.

Far away
The machine wurzed
Incontinent along its path.
The very forest
That gave them life
Heartless, they brought down.

The phantasmagoric function done,
The faeries did retire
Into the heart of Mother Earth.
For now her wrath
Unleashed would be
Upon fool denizen.

8 comments:

JP said...

It...seems like something Yes would cobble a 23-mnt song around.

I enjoyed it anyway. :)

Russell CJ Duffy said...

sorry but i thought then that yes were, by and large average, but this poem/song wasn't at all average. is this yours jug? if so it is very good. great play on words and also a great way to mutate words to fit. loved it!

longblackveil said...

"sprechgesang" :

that's a lovely lovely word.
am happiness for finding out about it. thwanx.

srikanth.panaman said...

Yes were by and large average?

Close to the Edge is enough to prove they're nothing short of geniuses.

Murphy said...

Hallo.

Avalonian said...

Mr.Jesus
I agree with you,Mr.BEan is truly awesome. However, I can't agree with your comment on Yes. They may not be everyone's cup tea, but i think 'mediocre'is far from the truth..

cheers

Jugular Bean said...

@JP - 23 minute songs rule!

@Cocaine Jesus - Thank you, sir. The poem is very much my own, as is everything here, unless otherwise stated. Looks like you've caused quite a stir in the progger community though

@longblackveil - I discovered it quite recently myself and thought I should write a poem to fit it in :D

@blogarithmist - agree

@Anuva - Yes, hallo to you too. (alternative: King Crimson, hallo to you too)

@Avalonian - As we all know if Jon Anderson weren't a Eunuch, Yes would have sounded much better! (Ok, now I'm gonna get belted)

JP said...

Yes were by and large overblown and boring.

I thought the poem was good anyway.