“Alright, I’ll make you a deal you can’t refuse: exclusive control of these territories, here, here and here, but no rights, here, here and uhm…here!”
“Are you kidding me? And what about my father’s people? They’re going to be bang in the middle of your territories?”
“Oh, that won’t be any problem, we’ll work around that! In any case, why are you looking out for them after what they did to you when you were there?”
“Look, it’s not about that, you know we just can’t leave them there. You know it will cause problems, people can’t live peacefully, it’s an innate fault of theirs.”
“And whose fault is that? What was your father thinking when he gave them their facilities? These people should have strict laws governing them, they shouldn’t be treated much better than animals – an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, that’s what I say.”
“You know my father tried that approach, but it’s restrictive, people should be given a choice. They should be free to control their lives…”
“Even if it means that they’ll screw up their lives, and the lives of others in the process?”
“Well… yes. We should provide guidelines for them to follow, but ultimately the choice belongs to the individual. We can’t give people a rigid set of laws and expect them to follow it fanatically. There are bound to be gray areas, we mustn’t discount their intelligence, and their ability to handle such situations. What do you say Buds?”
“Moderation…”
“Screw moderation! You know it won’t work. They need a sense of purpose, not the free time to question life. They’re like sheep, one cannot constantly tend them, and hence the need for strict rules, and righteous leaders who will ensure the rules are followed.”
“As I was saying, the middle path is the path best followed…”
“Alright Buds, how bout we just give you these territories, here and here, and you can preach to them, alright?”
“Can I also get this piece?”
“Here? That’s prime estate man!”
“I want to try a few variations”
“What the hell are you talking about? Variations? We’re talking about keeping the system together and you want variations? In any case I’m not giving you the whole thing, I want these areas. You can keep these”
“As you please.”
“Now onto this large fertile area…”
“Dibs on the west!”
“What? You think this is some sort of childish game?”
“Sorry, man, but I’ve claimed it.”
“What the fuck! You’ve already got all this land, and…”
“Listen, don’t use coarse language! You know my father made you what you are today!”
“WHAT?”
“How about we settle for a compromise? We leave the playing field open here.”
“I’ve called and I’m keeping it! Of course we can let them all mingle, so that everyone has a fair chance to see if their methods work!”
“Ha! My people are gonna kick you people’s butt!”
"Foo you!"
A 15 minute piece based on the work of aaron jasinski.
9 comments:
Oh, well done.
“I want to try a few variations”
this jasinski guy's brilliant
hyuck,hyuck..nicely done...
cheers
z
Have u been reading Dostoevsky? or just being cynical? If it's the latter, i suggest u do the former. Well done though, as always..!
Bravo!
Also, fmnnkirr. Thats what I have to type below. For once I can recognise all the characters. Wheee!
juss the kind of thing i was having the other day. conversation.
Hey when're you going to write about the Detached Floating Girl? I'd like to read that!
Quite neat.
You can start a whole new branch of "Art" writing, mate! ;)
Post a Comment