So I go on holiday for the weekend and the government collapses. Seriously, you can't leave these idiots alone for a minute. At least the new government will be a tad better than the led-by-a-bullfrog coalition.
Hampi is the place to be. For some reason, all the children there come up to touristy type people and say "Hello, school pen", at first I'd wave back and say Hi, but what the hell was 'school pen'?or sometimes "Hello, school pen?" No I'm not a school pen! Then I heard one chap say, what sounded like "Hello, school friend", now this made just a little more sense than 'school pen', even though I didn't actually go to school with these kids. However I was thrown of again by some kids who came towards me saying those lines with a writing gesture. So perhaps it did have something to do with pens? Then there were a bunch of them that would say "Hello, school pen", followed by "one rupees, two rupees" and then they'd hold out their hands expectantly. So maybe they wanted a donation to buy a school pen. I guess it'll just be one of those mysteries.
I like the smell of offerings burnt eons ago, that lingers in the temple ruins. Standing on the banks of a river flowing through rocky hills is just so peaceful.
It's a small town where everyone knows everyone else, and one can spend an entire afternoon in one of the little shacks watching animated conversations between the local folk. They somehow seemed to be fighting all the time, but without any physical violence. People would bump into each other on the road and start and argument, then they would walk away like it was a normal thing, still yelling something, trying to get the last word in, until they were out of earshot.
There's always some amount of temple sculpture reserved to show the gods fucking! And they tend to be more bizarre than most porn I've seen. There was this one image of a woman getting orally imapled by the penis of an elephant. That's why one must always think twice before agreeing to blow an elephant!
Watching pure devotion is bliss.
8 comments:
The school pen phenomenon is all over the country, Bean. Even in Rajasthan...I was greeted by kids asking for ten rupiss and/or a pen!
This is really dum and inarticulate of me but here goes
-> :)
i think u take to many holidaze. i think you should work harder and be an asset to our ppoor, third world country so that when beggar children come to you, you could at least try and understand what they want from you. I am deeply shocked at your insensitivity. You could have donated your salary to make ONE little life better.
Now its too late. the forces of karma shall unleash their might upon your mortal soul. Unless of course JHC has a special Christian Protection Plan going on....
Its impaled....hahahah...got u there :)
Hahaha political inclinations..jolly good!
Hmmm hampi is quite a nice place! i've been there once and it was really goood! didnt have the opportunity to watch them school boys comin up to tourists though (a year back i guess!) But the whole feeling of being there was very very nice! especially the cryptical ruins which look like they hold many secrets! or so it seemed!
Great... now I'll have a fear of elephant penises! PS - you've been tagged! ;)
Yeah Gods did invent weird ways to fuck - especially the Indian ones. Brahma made it with a bear, Arjun with a snake... and all the saptarishis are sons of a lady and a different animal each.
And pachyderms have HUGE dicks, if you have ever seen a live one.
Post a Comment